Table of Contents
On this page, I will make an extremely simplified list of things to do in order to insure that my article & movies is ready for publication, and if I (or you) get writers block.
How to Write an Blog Article, From Start to Finish
Choosing a Topic
- Answer a Question. Then make a Title. Not the other way around.
- Come up with a dozen titles. Then check what buzzfeed and the huffington post’s titles. Basically optimize the title for attention
- The h2 should be a section’s heading which is a concise summary of what the next content will be about.
- Choose a Question to Answer
- List supporting points
- Research and develop list into sentetnces
- Go deeper by using the phrase “For Example”.
- If you don’t need pictures to describe what you are discussing in your post, go deeper until you do.
- End paragraph with a question
Each paragraph should be 1-2 sentences long. That’s because online content reads differently than a book.
Each paragraph should try to end in a question.
Use Hooks and Cliff Hangers for each paragraph.
Try to keep going deeper, from the topic of the last sentence. ie. cheeze burger > type of cheeze > health benefits of this cheeze > why cheeze has these health benefits > How exactly do these health benefits work? etc.
Writer’s Block & Writer’s Focus
I’m just going to list a few things that help me produce content
- Ignore the quality entirely. Just type. Fix it up afterwards.
- Dark room. Bright monitor. = Total focus on what’s in front of you.
- Coffee (Boost Motivation | Lowers Understanding)
- Music (Boost Motivation | Lowers Understanding)
- Raw Turmeric (Boosts Mood, Motivation, & Understanding via Sublingual | DO NOT TAKE internally)
Find Guest Blogging Opportunities
- find relevant blog that still publishes, with a lot of social media shares (indicator), use buzzsumo
- subscribe to their email list
- reply back to webmasters email (newsletter)
- Thanks! You helped me! Relevant. Also I wrote similar blog content; would you be interested in publishing on your blog?
- Don’t pitch right off the bat
- Signup to their email list, reply to the first email you get from them.
- Show them what you’ve done with their advice. Show gratitude. I’ve also written an article for you as well
How to Make YouTube Educational Movies
So in this general order, this should help me figure out how to make a YouTube movie about any particular subject
- Choose subject
- Write Blog Articles about subject, as aforementioned above
- Movie intro: Summary of the points that you want to cover
- Movie Body: separated into each point with explanation; basically just read the articles that you wrote before. And use the H2 sub-header tag as the main points that make each “body” or sub-subject in the movie. Easy.